Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Was It Worth Starving Myself? Yes.

Yesterday was "prep" day for my colonoscopy. It wasn't as bad as I remember it being 7 (and 5) years ago. Only problem was that I wasn't allowed to eat solid food after 9AM YESTERDAY! I was starving by the time I got to the hospital at 9 this morning for the procedure. It was worth it though because I got good news.

My colonoscopy this morning came back normal. Yay! I had issues about 7 years back with polyps and they were successfully removed at the time, but I was a little worried before the procedure this morning. I'm glad my husband was there with me when I got the good news. 

I just wanted to put it out there in the blogging world - maybe someone young will read this and say, hmm..., maybe I should get one of those done. I was 30 when I had my first colonoscopy and they found the polyps. I was lucky they were all able to be removed and didn't cause me any harm, but had I waited, that may not have been the case.

If you have any issues, please reach out to your doctor and discuss them. Don't put it off any longer than you already have.  You are better off knowing if there is, or is not, a problem so that you can make an informed decision about your health.


Much love. xo

March is National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month.  

No comments:

Post a Comment